Sunday 19 May 2013

Quiet Time

Do not wear yourself out to get rich;
    do not trust your own cleverness.
 Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone,
    for they will surely sprout wings
    and fly off to the sky like an eagle. Proverbs 23: 4-5

A verse that came to me this week and stuck as I strive to find the work/Motherhood balance that works for me and our family.  It is not so much that I am trying to "get rich", it is that success is very rewarding and drives you for more.  Not necessarily a bad thing but right now my priority is family and the balance is a struggle.  I am so thankful for the blessings God has placed on my business but I want to make sure I always keep that in check with what is true and important.

This week this verse speaks to me regarding my career but in other weeks I will have to remember it when "stuff", material possessions, gain to much importance to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment