Thursday 12 July 2012

The treasure map to my slapper of gold

I walked into the kithen the other morning and found this treasure map on the fridge:



"A cruncher like this would be too BOLD, but seek and ye may find a slapper of GOLD!"

At first I thought it was a little treaure hunt/ game that my husband had made for the kids. But then I read it again...  I call the 3-hole punch in our office the "cruncher:"



And so I realized that "slapper" must mean stapler...

And I had just seen the prettiest stapler EVAAA when we were at Pottery Barn...

So I followed to the end of the map...


I saw the drawing of the banana peel & had no idea what that meant  (He just told me that it was a chandelier)
wups!

... but I recoginzed the shelf with binders & boxes and glasss jugs on it as the one from the
back office:

{See the shelf all the way to the right?}

And I ran down there and on top of the shelf where X had marked the spot, there was the beautiful brass stapler that I'd been eyeing!!
eeeeeeeek!!

Here's a quick pic I snapped of it:

{The "slapper" of gold i.e. a brass stapler from Pottery Barn}

I love it!! 

 I'm not five years old any more, but my husband understands that I still get excited about things like a five year-old.  
...and that makes me really happy.


xoxo, Lauren

ps- I love that he thinks that a brass crucher (3 hold punch) would be too "bold" ...  I think he's right ;) ;)

If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.

No comments:

Post a Comment