Monday 12 March 2012

Creamy Prosciutto Pasta



I love eating & I enjoy cooking pretty much only because I love to eat.  My favorite types of meals don't take very long to whip up but taste like they did. 

Over the weekend I made a prosciutto pasta recipe from our family's cookbook.  I'm not sure where it originally came from, but it is yummmmy and I had the camera nearby so I had to share!!!


INGREDIENTS:
Pasta- approx 1 lb (1 box)
Prosciutto
Flour- 3 tablspoons
Heavy Cream-  you could try substituting it with skim milk- 2 cups
Edamame (it was originally peas but I switched it to soy beans because we like them better)- 1 cup
Parsley
Chives (I used scallions because we didn't have chives)
Parmesan Cheese- 2-4 tablespoons depending upon how thick you want the sauce
Ground Black Pepper
I did the recipe approximately- I'm not big on measuring- and it came out soo delicious so don't worry about the amounts so much. 




DIRECTIONS:

1.Boil the water for the pasta.  I used farfalle this time but anything really works.  Penne is awesome with it because the cream gets inside the noodles ;) ;)  I usually salt my pasta water once it boils.
2.  Saute the prosciutto with a little olive oil in a sauce pan for a few minutes
3.  Add in the flour & saute it for another 3 or so
4.  Slowly pour in the heavy cream & whisk it for a few minutes until it thickens.  (I skipped the whisking part & it still worked.)
5.  Add in the chopped parsley, chives, and cooked edamame.  Add a bunch of pepper.
6.  Add in the parmesan cheese & stir until it melts. 
7.  Pour it over your freshly cooked pasta, serve and EAT!  (I kept it separated from the pasta because I knew we'd have a lot of leftovers and I don't like it as much once the sauce & pasta have been sitting together for a day or so, but if you aren't planning on leftovers, go ahead & mix it all in with the pasta before serving.)


(Yes, sometimes the two year old goes shirtless at meals...  easier clean up ;)



If you get some time to try it out, I promise you will looooooove it!!


xoxo, Lauren

ps- Am I the only person who feels like the pictures of the food never look as good as the food really does in person?  How do those food photographers do it?!!!

If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.

No comments:

Post a Comment