Monday 25 April 2011

It didn't rain!

You know you've been gone from the office for a while when you have to think about your passwords when logging back into your accounts.  I have to say that I would love another month away, but that's just not the way it works...  And I've realized just how many junk emails I get a day and it is CRAZY.  I need to get some sort of filter on there because for some reason I get multiple emails a day from women all over the world in their 20s asking me to marry them.  And I also get emails about enlargers.  (You know the kind I mean. ) Somewhere along the line, I must be logged into somewhere or some search engine or whatever as a lonely middle-aged man.  (Don't know what's up with that because I am not lonely.  ;)

Anyway, we had a really great break!  We dyed Easter eggs:


And the Easter Bunny hid them:


My children had peeps for breakfast:


peep! peep!

{they're honestly really gross to me but they are pretty cute.}

The kids looked far & wide for eggs:




Our backyard was pretty muddy but that didn't stop them:






I set an Easter table & we had our family over. 

{I used a massive piece of peachy-pink & aqua woven paisley fabric that I bought a while back as the table cloth.  It usually hangs out in our family room as a throw blanket.}

I topped it with a frayed aqua linen remnant and then loaded it with aqua bottles of daffodils from my garden as last-minute easy centerpieces. 

{I pretty much do everything in my own home last-minute, so I was lucky that I'd even planted my daffodil bulbs last-minute (this March!) and they came up late enough that they just bloomed this past week & I had flowers for Easter.}

We made eggs with everyone's names on them for placeholders:

{I only took a pic of this one because I took the pics before the party & didn't want the eggs all sitting out.}

My mom made these beautiful pansy cupcakes:

{She used actual pansies, which are edible}

...And I turned 29!



~And there it didn't rain!~ 
It almost always rains on my birthday so we were shocked when the sun held out & we had temperatures in the 80s.

Hope you had a happy Easter & I'm so envious of any of you that are still on vacation!!! 
Enjoy!!!

xoxo, Lauren

If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.

No comments:

Post a Comment